Friday, April 17, 2020

Re-edit blog:Videopad Video editor


About 2 weeks ago when schools were actually open, my group members and I had most of the movie footage put together. This footage was put together in the first editing software that was used which is pinnacle studios. We didn't have all the footage, but we did have enough to work with. When the news came out that schools were cancelled momentarily, that's when things got complicated. At this point I had to edit everything on my own, because I was the one with the flash drive. So at home to edit I would've actually needed an editing software or editor, which I didn't have so that is what needed to be done first. At first finding the right editing software didn't seem hard to do at all, until I actually started searching. So I went on my computer and I first went online and typed in free editing software. I would find a couple and I downloaded the one with the best rating. After it finished downloading I ran into a problem, it turns out that it actually wasn't free. I guess what it meant was that it was free to download, but not free to use. So I deleted it and downloaded the next one I saw. When that one finished downloading, the editing on it was free, but when I needed to export it said that I would need to pay to remove the watermark across the footage. When I saw that, I deleted it and searched up free editing software's without watermark. The first one I downloaded did have a watermark, it was small but still noticeable. It was at this point that I realized that this was going to be hard. I would eventually go through about 5 more editing softwares and I still didn't find anything. I then went on the Microsoft store and typed in movie editors. The first one I saw was called Videopad Video Editor, I then downloaded it. When it finished it looked a lot less complex than the others and it was completely free. At that moment, I realized that this one was a keeper. I added a couple of sample files to see how everything works. I was going to edit the movie, but so much time had passed from looking for good editors previously. All I did that day was just add the footage, name the file and saved it on my flash-drive.




No comments:

Post a Comment