Friday, April 17, 2020

Final task:The Birch Slayer


So at this point now, the movie is complete and in it looks really nice. With all the complications dealing with the corona virus outbreak, I was the only one with the flash drive. This meant that I was the only one who could edit the movie. Editing the movie on my own was definitely a challenge but nonetheless the job is done. My group members weren't here to help me physically, but I would like to give them props for being there to help me through the group chat. What they did was constantly check up to see if i'm all good for that moment, and would help me if I got stuck somewhere. Sometimes I wouldn't be able to decide on certain things and they would give me suggestions. The final product looks good, but at the same time its different then from how the original idea was supposed to be. There were quite a few changes in the film for many reasons, but i'll just sum it up to 3 reasons to generalize them it. Some of the changes were completely agreed upon between us because it was better for the film, but the other 3 weren't. The changes we agreed upon was that the killer's costume would change and some of the dialogue would change. However,the three reasons are timing, transportation, and the corona virus. These three things are the reasons why the film doesn't look like how it was supposed to in the storyboard. The film still looks great, but our original idea was really good as well. None of the three reasons really had much to do with us because we can't control any of them. Long story short, the original script and storyboard had the killer killing the victims and he would see a sign that says "next city five miles ahead". He would then walk away in an unsettling way looking for his next victims. Obviously that didn't happen because when dealing with timing, it would've been too late to film at another park. And when dealing with transportation, all of us didn't live nowhere near each other. Overall, I think that this process was a bit long, but worth it at the end. From the filming to the editing, to the re-editing it was a great learning experience for me. To top it all off I get to look at a great horror film that i'm in, what average highschooler can say that.

                                                     https://youtu.be/SOj6WYVbmfA

No comments:

Post a Comment