Friday, April 17, 2020

Editing blog: putting the footage together

The day after I found Videopad Video Editor, I decided to work on the film. The first thing I did was pull out my flash drive and opened the file with the footage. When it opened is when I would then realize that although this editor was good overall, it was a bit slow. Like it wasn't the slowest but it wasn't the fastest either, a great representation of a slow editor is Pinnacle Studios. Anyways when I was about to piece all the footage together, I saw that there were alot more pieces of footage than I remembered adding. The day before I guess I was just to tired to realize how many files I clicked to add. So to pick out which ones were actually going in the film, I pretty much had to watch all of them. Considering that the editor isn't really that fast to begin with, I knew that this would take a while. Just when I was about to start, in the group chat that my group members and I have, one of them asked me if I started editing. I said not necessarily because no real editing was going on. So I began watching the footage and when I clicked on one, it would take a little minute to stop lagging then I was able to watch them clearly. So as I was watching the footage, I'd say that 70 percent of what I watched was just different takes of certain scenes. About 30 percent was rather the actual footage or just things that we agreed on that could act as filler. After watching about maybe 30 minutes worth of footage I was actually finished. The footage that was short and was not going to be used, majority of them got removed from the pile that actually mattered. When I was done doing that I dragged the footage into the video timeline and placed them in order. When they were in order I had to wait like 1 minute to let the editor function and let everything load. When it finished I watch it and saw that some scenes had to be trimmed. After the trimming process which didn't take too long,  I watched it again and it looked better. I then decided I was done for that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment