Friday, April 17, 2020

CCR Blog: Live with Kendrid Joseph


                             When I was actually making the ccr, it took a lot out of me. Not only was it the first time that I would be doing something like it, but I had to do it considering the situation were in. Before schools were canceled due to corona virus, I was too busy worried about the actual film than I was on the ccr. It was never really on my mind until I was finishing up on the film. When I was closed to being finished with the film,  I thought about the ccr and realized that I had no game plan. At first my original Idea was to work with my group members, but obviously that did not go as planned. So after thinking for a couple of minutes I decided to do It in a split screen format, where I'm playing two people. I would be the host of the talk show and the person answering the questions. At first the thought of it sounded easy, until I realized that this was not like the short 30 second to 2 minute videos it was a long 12-15 minute video. I thought to myself I'll be able to knock this out if I just speak for 3 minutes on the 4 questions, therefore it'll make 12 minutes. I then decided to try it out with having all the answers come from the top of my head. So I used the camera from my computer and started talking. That is when I realized that I stutter a lot, and that 3 minutes is much longer than what it seemed. So, the best way for me to have done it was to write a script so I can know what to say, that same night I wrote it all. The following day I put on a nice, blue dress shirt and started rehearsing. When I felt like I was ready I turned on the computer, went on the camera and I started recording. It took me about 2 tries max per question before I got it right. When I finished answering the questions, I put on a nice, clean white dress shirt and started rehearsing for the lines of the host. Those lines were all easy because all he had to do was ask the questions and do the intro and outro. After that I went on Videopad and added all the files to the timeline, they were already in order. The next day all I had to do was edit, and that took a good 5 hours top.  To sum up the editing sequence all I did was add transitions and titles which consisted of the questions and the words in the intro and outro. Also I did the split screen effect between the host and the quest, and finally I added the pictures and clips from the movie. And just like that the ccr was done, the process took about 4-5 days to complete but now it's done.

                             
                                            https://youtu.be/5FFGvQ9w9uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment