Friday, April 17, 2020

Editing blog: Adding the transitions and music

For this part of editing the film, I'd say that it  wasn't too difficult. So the plan was for me to get a good amount of it done so that the following day I wouldn't have to do much. Since that's what I wanted to do, I got right to it. I took out my flash drive and opened the file again, like I said before the editor took a few minutes to load everything. When it finished loading I watched everything again to decide where all the transitions would go. I honestly feel like out of all the editing I've ever done, adding transitions and animations were always the fun part. I just enjoyed seeing all the different transitions I can choose from, they were always unique. So when I decided where I wanted all the transitions to go, I went on the group chat and double checked with my group members. They told me to just do me but just make sure it looks good. When I clicked on the add transitions button I was a bit underwhelmed, there weren't as much transitions as I thought there would be. All the transitions were just like your basic fade, dissolve, blue cross fade etc. I guess the above average transitions were like checkerboard, horizontal lines, dissolve puzzle etc. After I added all the transitions I let the editor load the transitions in, I watched it and it looked nice. The last thing I needed to do for the day was add music, it was actually the easiest part of editing. What I did was click the add audio files button, and chose what songs/instrumentals I wanted. The ones I picked were "Curse of the clown" which is a creepy instrumental, and "happy days" which is the exciting and happy one. Last step was to put each instrumental in their place, the "happy ending' one went in the beginning where nothing is going on. And the "curse of the clown" went where the unusual starts to happen; I then adjusted the volume of both instrumentals and I was done for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment