Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing blog

AICE Media Studies



Today I woke up really excited to edit my group and I's commercial. Editing the commercial was supposed to be fun to do, because I could've added anything, I wanted to it, with the approval of my group members. I was really looking forward to editing this but pinnacle studios was not working. Pinnacle studios is the editing software that we were supposed to use to edit all our footage. Because it was not working, we now have to wait until next class to start editing our footage. Before we found out that pinnacle studios would not be working. I was already having issues on finding the footage for the commercial. The process of getting all our footage took about 20 minutes. This is because the computers take so long to load up and we had to login to the same computer that we had dumped our footage on last Thursday. Also, there are a lot of students in this class, and most computers were not already working. We had to wait on another group that dumped their commercial footage on that same computer. About 10 minutes have passed and my group and I finally get the computer that we had our footage. When one of my group members logged in the computer crashed and the screen was black. At this point I was already frustrated because I wanted everything to go by fast, so that we could have time to edit. This is before I found out that pinnacle studios would not be working. When the computer finally logged in, we saw that the footage was there and that's when I got less upset. So, I stuck my flash drive into the USB port so I can access it. I dragged the footage to my flash drive, and it started to copy onto the drive. Since there were 38 items on the footage, the copying process took a good 5-6 minutes. When it was all finished copying, I heard that the teacher had suggested to put the footage on our google drive. So, we did what she suggested. So, my group member logged in to his Google account first and did a folder upload from my flash drive. After he logged out of his google account, I logged in my account to do the same thing. At this point we had access to all our footage and were ready to edit. Since the area of computers, we were sitting at did not have pinnacle studios, we had to relocate ourselves and move to the other side of the room where the computers had pinnacle studios. One of my group members logged in to the computer and after about 6-7 minutes of waiting because once again the computers are slow, we saw that pinnacle studios was not there. We told the teacher and she said, "its fine, just start your blog". All I can hope for now is that next class which will be in 2 days, pinnacle studios will start working. This is so that the due date does not get pushed back, because we have other things to do in class. For that 90 minutes of class my mood was up and down. I went from being excited to worried, frustrated and hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment