Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming blog



Yesterday was an interesting filming day for me. This is because my partner and I had already talked about what we were going to do in terms of the filming, and we already did our storyboard. We had everything set, it was until last night everything went wrong. My partner had informed me that night, that he would not be able to film our commercial together because he had to go to a field trip. He and I tried to get some of our friends to help me, but they were all busy. So, on the day of filming I was by myself and had to think of a commercial to film solo. Once I did that, I went off to the track field, and started setting up to do the commercial. My solo commercial idea was to show me doing different physical activities from different angles of the Nike shoes I was wearing. As I got ready to start, I saw that one of my classmates (jack) was working alone. So, I asked him did he want to work together. He said “sure”.

 We agreed to work together but there were two big problems. He was prepared to do a Gatorade commercial and I was Nike. Also, we didn’t have an idea of what exactly we would do. We were limited on time so we had to come up with an idea fast so we can have time to film. So, our solution was to combine the two commercials. The idea was that he would be running up and down the bleachers, get tired and drink his Gatorade. Then after that he would throw the Gatorade bottle to me, who would already be on the track field prepared to start sprinting. I catch the Gatorade bottle, but before I start sprinting, he tells me to wear a pair of Nike shoes as well. So, I put the shoes on, get back on the track field, and take a sip of the Gatorade and start sprinting. Not only was this a short and simple commercial, it was also the only thing we could come up with on combining the two.


Filming: So, when we started filming, my job was to do a pan shot of him running up and down the bleachers. I did like two more takes of him running for extra footage. Next, was for me to do a medium close up angle of him drinking the Gatorade after being tired. I also did two takes of that just because. Then, the last of me filming him happened when I record him throwing the Gatorade bottle towards the track field for me to catch. Now was the time for me to be filmed. So, I would be on the track field and he would the Gatorade bottle to me. I dropped the Gatorade bottle several times so there are quite a few takes of me dropping the bottle. Next, I was to put on the Nike shoes to start sprinting. I get back on the track field, took a sip off the Gatorade and started sprinting. The commercial was to end there. We had more time, so I went back and did more takes of his parts he did the same. At the end we dumped all our footage.


No comments:

Post a Comment