Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing Blog, My day of Editing




After waiting about 8 days my group and I finally got to do our commercial. 8 days ago, we were told that we would not be able to edit our commercial due to technical difficulties with pinnacle studios. So due to that we had a date setback. Over remind we were told that we would start editing on Tuesday. So, 2 days ago we started editing our footage; and this is how it went. Editing day #1 Tuesday, I came into the classroom and the teacher told everyone to get to editing. So, one of my partners grabbed the computer and logged in. After the computer finished loading up, I took my flash drive and stuck it into the USB port because all the footage was on it. I opened pinnacle studios; it took a while to load up, but when it finished loading up, my partner deleted the sample footage that was already there. I clicked the import button and another tab popped up, I then clicked the folder with the flash drive name on it, and I imported the footage from my flash drive to pinnacle studios. When all the files finished copying, we were ready to start editing. To start it all off, the plan was to get the footage that we need and separate them from the one that are trash or can be filler. So, I watched all the footage and told my partners which ones will be edited. After my partner did that, I put all the ones we need on the editing strip and trimmed some of them, just so we don’t go to far off the limit of 30 seconds. We could not even look at the footage all together because pinnacle studios was running so slow. The play button worked to watch the footage, but it would lag heavy and play slowly. After about 2 to 3 minutes of waiting, the footage was finally going normal speed. After we watched the footage together, the play time was a little over the limit, so I trimmed some of the footage even more. We watched it again and the timing was all good. Next, I added transitions that matched the theme of the commercial, I then passed the computer to my other group members and we they added transitions that they liked. We all liked what we saw with transition selection. Time was running out and my group members and I would watch the footage with the transitions added, and overall it looked pretty good. We were about 70% finished with the commercial, all we had to do is add an extra shot that was required and add music. Day #2 today was the day that the commercial was due so, we got right to it. I had music instrumentals that I downloaded the night before so I can insert it into the commercial. We used the song “seven nation army”. After I inserted the song, we watched the finishing product and I personally thought that it looked great coming from 3 teens. There were about five minutes left of class and we needed to export our commercial. I clicked on the export button, but some note kept on popping up, we asked another group can they help us, but they did not know why it was doing that. I clicked export a couple more times, but the same note kept popping up. So due to this exporting issue my group and I could not send our commercial to the teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment