Monday, March 9, 2020

Re-shoot Blog: Adding to our film

Last Thursday, my group and I went back to the park to re-shoot our film. That Thursday it was a half-day which means that we would have a lot more time to film and better our film. So before we went to the park, during class the group that peer reviewed our film gave us the papers back. When we were given the papers, I saw a few minor errors in our film but the one that stuck out was the time length of our film. I noticed that we were well short on the required length that our film has to be, we needed to extend and or even add more to it. When school let go, we got dropped off by one of my group members mom. When we arrived we chilled for a little bit because it was really hot, then we went to work. Before we started I insisted that we apply bug spray on, because one thing that was really bad in all the times that we went to film, was the amount of mosquitoes. The bug spray was an essential for sure, after that I got into costume, because one of my group members wanted to add an extra scene in at the end, it required the killer and actor A. This was a great idea, because we were already short on time, and he explained that this scene would be a good 15 seconds. So I was the killer and I put on my costume, I put on my dress shoes and my partner provided me with the mask and the straight jacket. The idea for the scene that was going to be added was for person A to be lying on the floor dead, while the killer is walking away in a creepy manner to go find his next victims. So we did exactly that, but it took a couple of shots to get it right. Some things that delayed us from shooting the scene like only 3-4 times was pedestrians walking, mosquitoes and bugs on the floor. After that scene, we decided to add an extra scene, this scene would be a shot reverse shot of person A picking up the wanted paper and the camera doing a close up of the paper, then to him then back to the paper. This scene would be like another good 7-8 seconds, so it worked and we went with it. I wasn't in this scene so I undressed out of the costume, because I was done for the day and it was unbelievably hot that day. After the two scenes we added, we just decided to extend some original scenes like an extra 3-5 seconds, just so we can reach that limit. Only very few scenes were able to be extended, that wouldn't look like the timing would be forced. After we finished doing that we were done for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment