Monday, March 16, 2020

Filming blog:filming one member short

Last Friday my group members and I decided that we were going to go filming again. We discussed all the things that we are missing for our film, and we planned on getting them done. The night before we were going to film, one of my group members Nathan, had a little emergency. He had a problem with his tooth and he wouldn't be able to film with us after school for his appointment. So jack and I were on our own, after school we didn't need to film much, because Nathan was supposed to be there and we weren't going all the way to birch state park. Jack and I decided to film at this spot right next to the school that seemed like a park, but when we arrived it was not a park. It tuns out it was a gated community, Jack and I needed to make it quick, so I pulled out the wanted paper and got straight to it. The shots we needed was a shot reverse shot of the camera faced at Jack, then at the paper, then back on Jack. He pulled out his phone and for 5 seconds he stared at the camera, then I went around him and filmed his hands and more of the paper. Then for about another three seconds it was for Jack to look at the camera again but call out Nathan's name. The only problem we ran into while filming was that the sounds of birds were very loud, but there was nothing we could do about it except wait for it to get lower. After doing a couple more takes Jack and I left. That night on our group chat, Jack Nathan and I agreed to film the other parts we need on Sunday, which was yesterday. The other part we needed was better dialogue of Jack and Nathan getting excited for the party they were walking to. We could've got it done on Friday but the situation with Nathan delayed that, so it was agreed to do it on Sunday in the afternoon. So on Sunday I arrived at the park before my group members did, and I waited about 20 minutes for them to arrive. I live closest to the park that's why I arrived earlier than they did. So when they arrived we went right to the area that we originally film at and got straight to it. I was the camera man because this particular scene did not have my character in it. So they got into position and I counted down 3,2,1 then I clicked start. They walked and said their lines, and it was as simple as that. We did a couple more takes to get the best that we could, then we were finished. For the rest of that day we just hung out and set another day to film.

No comments:

Post a Comment