Monday, February 24, 2020

Filming blog: Day at the park

Yesterday my group and I went to a state park to film. We had this set up since the Wednesday of last week. So what I did to prepare for filming yesterday was starting by getting my clothes ready. This clothes was a pair of black dress shoes, black jeans and a black jacket. I play the role of the killer so I needed to look like one, so one of my partners brought a killer mask. So I packed everything I needed and charged the camera. It was a good thing that I did that because the battery was really low. I arrived at the park around 3:30 and we got right to it. We had to walk around the park to find a good place in the park to film. When we found a place we began to film. What I did was help one of my group members with filming an establishing shot. Since the park had people there I needed to tell him when people are coming so they don't be in the shot. After the establishing shot was done I filmed my group members walking with their phones in there hand. I did this various times, because there were people walking and I needed to film them in different angles and shots. We were on a time crunch, because one of my group members had things to do later on.  So I filmed a couple more times to see which ones looked better, and they were good. After that we were done for the day, and we pretty much have the beginning of the opening sequences done. We will go back again this week, and by then we should be finished filming. This time I will actually be in the scenes as the killer who kills the victims. I am really looking forward to filming more. The picture below is a picture of what one of our scenes was going to be until a couple of roles had to be switched.

No comments:

Post a Comment