Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming blog, The minor setback



On Friday the entire class was given the option to take the camera to film or not. I told my group that we should take the camera to have an early start, we agreed on it. So after the class period ended one of my group members was going to take the camera and the tripod with him, but he didn't want to walk around with the equipment on him. So he asked the teacher if he could leave it in class and get it back at the end of the day, the teacher agreed. So the day was going by and my personal job to my partner was to remind him to grab the camera in between classes. Every chance I got to see him I reminded him. It was the last period of the day and my partner just so happened to have the same class with me, I reminded him once again. About 10 minutes before class was about to end he asked me do I want to go out with him so we could get footage for the music video. I asked him who's going to drive us around, he told me his friend could. I told him I wish I could but I have to get a haircut, he said its fine. It was dismissal time and class ended, my partner told me he was going to go get it and I just made my way home. After about 45 minutes I made it home and I was going to chill knowing that my partner would come back to school with good footage. About 3 hours later I called him on the phone and asked him did he get some footage already, he said no " I have some bad news". I asked him what happened, he told me he never got the camera. He went on to tell me that when he went to the classroom to get the camera, nobody was in there. I said its fine we need to improvise. His plan was to go record some shots on his phone and put it on his google drive. It sounded like a really good plan, I said that I would do the same thing. Over the weekend I would go on my phone and record like roses, trees and everything that the lyrics said. One thing that my group and I knew that would be hard to get that was in the lyrics was a rainbow. Because the weather is starting to get cold it started raining less. To my luck it rained on Sunday, but also not to my luck there was no rainbow in the sky, that was a bummer. Besides the rainbow I got all my footage, and I was positive that my partners got some good footage too. Today we all kept each other updated on the footage that we have, so far everything sounds good. Although we didn't get to film with the camera and the necessary tools, we did get some good footage on our phones. When we actually do record with the camera we will have extra footage, which is a good thing because this project is longer than our previous one.


No comments:

Post a Comment