Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the final task



My name is Kendrid, and I am 15 years old. I am a sophomore at Fort Lauderdale Highschool. I have 4 siblings, 2 boys and 2 girls;I am the youngest of the bunch. I like to both play and watch basketball. I have been told by several people that I am smart, and by others that I am funny. For this project, we were assigned to make the first 2 minutes of our own movie. I personally think that we will do a great job in making this movie. For about the next 3 months, I will be working with Nathan and Jack.

Since the beginning of the school year, everything that I have learned up until now has been very helpful. What I learned was the various camera movements, angles and shots. Learning those terms has been helpful to me when my group and I had to make our own commercial and music video. If we didn't know those terms we would've been lost and our previous projects wouldn't have been as good. I also learned how to use the camera ,and how to dump our footage to the computer. This was also very helpful because if we didn't learn how to do those things, we would not be able to edit the footage. And finally, I learned about mise-en-scene and the production phase on filming.I will be taking all the things that I have learned, and apply it to the final task. Everything that I learned is just as important as the other. My group and I can only have a successful beginning of our movie if we apply what we learned.

The first pitch we have is an adventure pitch. It’s about an old man rocking in an old wooden chair narrating/ foreshadowing what is to come in the film. The entire time the old man is talking, the camera is winding its way to him. The camera will stop sometimes and show some kind of item of relevance to what the old man is saying. When the camera gets to him he sits there finishing up his narration then says “the adventure begins.”
The second pitch is a horror pitch.It starts with a woman running away from a creature. She finds her way to the bathroom as she’s running. Hides in a stall with the creature that walks into the bathroom; the creature starts looking in every stall then kills her and she drops an item.
The third pitch we have is two people are walking and see a wanted poster. One of the friends gets taken and killed when the other one is on their phone; the friend looks around for the other but he gets killed.


No comments:

Post a Comment